MCS BV is looking for an experienced Vessel Coordinator to deliver an s-lay pipelay project. The project is EU based and involves shallow water pipelay and an Above water Tie in. The successful candidate will join a growing multinational team and contribute to the continued growth of MCS.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Familiarise with project requirements and provide input for project preparations;
- Provide input to Vessel Manager and Project Teams in preparing project specific and general installation procedures and perform inter-discipline checks;
- Have the assigned vessel fit for purpose in the broadest sense to execute the projects as required;
- Liaise with Logistic Engineers on logistic process optimisation;
- Co-ordinate and report all offshore vessels movements, in liaison with Vessel Manager;
- Assist the Fleet Manager and Technical Department in maintenance and updating vessel and equipment, operation manuals, implementation of new statutory and project requirements;
- Support the Vessel Manager with port calls in preparation for offshore execution and mobilizations;
- Support the Vessel Manager and Technical Manager in vessel modifications;
- Co-ordinate all onshore support to the vessels during execution of the offshore work;
- Assess the suitability and fit for purpose state of chartered vessels;
- Identify areas of exposure or improvements within the Operations Department;
- Fulfill administrative duties;
- Interface with other departments to keep all vessels maintained and operational readiness.
- Support the Vessel Manager and Technical Manager with communications with class and flagstate.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Strong management and Fleet Management skills;
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, interpersonal relationships and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate skill fully and win concessions without damaging relationships in challenging situations;
- Proven ability to stay calm in stressful situations and to cope effectively with conflicting deadlines/demands;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment;
- Visible management commitment to HSE and stimulate a high level of HSE awareness;
- Work performance in compliance with the guidelines of ISO 9001;
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement in daily performance;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, DNV Shipmanager.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- BSc/MSc Nautical degree, Offshore Engineering, or equivalent;
- Previous relevant experience, preferably in an offshore or marine environment;
- Results driven, decisive, hands-on mentality and flexible personality;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel.