JOB TITLE TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
- Responsible for the proper, safe and efficient functioning of assigned vessel(s);
- Ensure vessel(s) can operate as designed, meeting class, flag, industry and
- Ensure vessels maintenance is executed according to PMS.
- Approve purchase, repair and service requests in PMS;
- Close job orders in PMS;
- Plan and reschedule work as seen required;
- Sign for expenditures on shipyards, mobilizations and R&M periods;
- Technical audit and inspections of vessels, equipment and sites;
- First point of contact on technical related matters towards class society and flag state.
- Responsible for safe and technically efficient operations of assigned vessel(s);
- Define, execute and lead work scope for yard work, mobilizations and other assigned projects;
- Report on progress and budget of yard work, mobilizations and assigned projects to Technical Manager;
- Prepare vessel OPEX and CAPEX budgets, and provide monthly actuals on vessel budgets;
- Ensure vessel(s) follows and improves PMS system;
- Manage and schedule subcontractors;
- Ensure that there is an appropriate and functional communication with the vessel(s);
- Business ethics: Conduct business in an ethical and responsible manner, serving the best interests of the Company at all times.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Technical Degree, Bachelor or Master
- 5 years, relevant technical and leadership experience, preferably gained onboard, in vessel
management, dredging or offshore construction companies;
- Seagoing experienced is preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of Marine legislation;
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both written and verbal;
- Reasonable understanding of commercial processes;
- Incident investigation training;
- Vessel audit training.
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Technical knowledge regarding vessels, vessel maintenance systems and legislation;
- Knowledge of quality procedures of flag state, class and industry standards (OCIMF/IMCA);
- Planning skills, with the ability to define priorities on the work activities;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment;
- Basic knowledge of contract reading, Bimco or similar;
- Visible management commitment to HSE and stimulate a high level of HSE awareness in Office, on board and on project sites;
- Communication and Cooperation with QHSE Team when/where required;
- Sound understanding of Quality requirements and the ability to execute.
IT / COMPETENCIES:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office program;
- Good understanding of PMS systems, preferable operating knowledge of DNV ShipManager