MCS BV is looking for an experienced Survey Manager to deliver an s-lay pipelay project. The project is EU based and involves shallow water pipelay and an Above water Tie in. The successful candidate will join a growing multinational team and contribute to the continued growth of MCS.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage project survey subcontractor;
- Specify, estimate, and evaluate survey subcontractor selection;
- Perform or delegate tasks to ensure all scope of work elements are completed, including:
- Field crew setup;
- Geodetic control network planning and design;
- Control survey processing and adjustment;
- Feature processing of topographic field data;
- Generating, editing and clean-up of Digital Terrain Models (DTM);
- Title commitment review;
- Public records research;
- COGO calculations;
- Writing property descriptions;
- Obtaining permits;
- Obtaining Right of Entry.
- Serve as the primary project technical expert and assist with technical problem resolution;
- Understand the project scope of work and the goals and expectations of the client;
- Provide input on project safety plan and ensure work activities are compliant;
- Track project schedules, costs and estimates to complete and adjust production as necessary;
- Ensure technical work complies with processes and procedures;
- Ensure that all checking and approval activities are completed prior to transmitting deliverables;
- Support leadership vision and nurture group culture.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Knowledge about shallow water s-lay including shore pull, pipelay, and above water tie-in.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in applicable field preferred;
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an infrastructure capacity;
- Experience completing all technical aspects of a surveying task is required.