Job Title: Senior QHSE Engineer
Reports to: QHSE Manage
- For all projects, guard, create and implement procedures and policies on all QA and HSE related matters; • Guard, instruct and inform all employees about the proper functionality of the management system on all project related matters;
- Create, implement and communicate QHSE project deliverables.
- Carry out internal audits in the Company and issue non conformities based on the MCS Integrated Management System and/or applicable legislation; • May suspend any operation that is considered to be unsafe or in serious breach of the Company policies;
- Investigate incidents within the Company;
- Replace the QHSE Manager in it’s absence.
- Assists the QHSE Manager on the vessel management.
- Responsible for implementing QHSE standards based on project requirements;
- Manage the Project QHSE staff;
- Assists QHSE topics within projects.
Education and Qualifications require:
- Bachelor level education; • Experience of 5+ years in (project) QHSE;
- Fluent in English verbally and writing; writing;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Preferred seagoing or closely related experience
- Experience and knowledge of Marine legislation legislation;
- Complimentary Industry Experience (IMCA/OCIMF);
- Specific Safety and/or Environmental Diploma or/equivalent (i.e. NEBOSH);
- Knowledge on quality and health management aspects is a plus;
- Strong communication skills.
Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Keep up to date with ongoing developments in the field of Subsea Construction and Remote Systems Engineering;
- Lead Subordinates and Team members and provide QHSE mentorship/guidance to all staff, when and where applicable;
- Strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement in daily performance;
- Ensure employees comply with the HSE Policies, MCS’ Integrated Management System, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001;
- Ensure employees are aware of the Stop Work Authority and Life-Saving Rules;
- Work together, as a team, for the good of the company.
IT / Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package;
- Working experience with DNV ship manager is a plus.