For our upcoming project which starts in January 2020, we are looking for an experienced Project Planner.
We are working on an exciting project for the construction of a port in the far North, and therefore we are looking for enthusiastic and smart people to form part of this team. For the coming half a year the work will consist mainly of thinking of smart and innovative ways in which we can execute the project. This period is followed by the project preparation phase and finally the actual execution of the project. The project is characterized by extremes, not only in terms of weather conditions but also in sheer size. We are looking for persons that can think of creative and innovative solutions. Important is that we are working on a basis of trust and above all, that we are having fun at what we do.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Office support for all Planning Activities;
- Maintain Primary Baseline Schedule and Key Project Milestones;
- To provide clear reports and advice on all planning matters to designated superiors;
- To review contract Tender Documents and understand the Planning requirements;
- To establish Planning schedules for Tenders and Projects;
- To set up and maintain reliable (EPIC) Planning for Tenders and Projects;
- To identify potential discipline clashes and alert the relevant managers;
- To identify schedule risks and advise solutions;
- To communicate Planning related issues in Project Team;
- To ensure qualitative recording of experience in Planning Database;
- To ensure on-time completion of Planning, progress and forecast reports;
- To ensure qualitative and up to date planning information for Cost Control Purposes;
- To request input for Planning and Progress Reporting;
- Scheduling communication with client and Subcontractors;
- To determine activity duration, waiting on weather and breakdown figures as applicable;
- To review and approve tender and Project Schedules.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Educated to Degree Level;
- Good Knowledge of Planning techniques;
- Good Knowledge of The English Language both written and spoken;
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Relevant experience in the offshore industry;
- Proven experience with Primavera P6 Enterprise software;
- MS Office Package.