JOB DESCRIPTION MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
- Build, enrol, maintain, and improve the marine fleetmanagement software package,
for technical, operational and compliance and company vessels, in order to achieve
a data smart fleetmanagement setup.
- Keep marine fleetmanagement software package up to date to latest standards;
- Inform and instruct all key users onboard and office staff on smart set-up and use of system;
- Correct, implement and verify data input and output;
- Conduct technical and compliance audits onboard;
- Instruct vessel management team on deliverables in marine fleetmanagement;
- User management of marine fleetmanagement software package;
- Direct contact with software account manager for updates and change requests.
- Ensure Marine fleetmanagement software operates as designed;
- Technical – Build, enrol, maintain and improve the PMS system onboard company vessels;
- QHSE, Crewing, Operational – Structure, enrol and maintain all components within module;
- First contact point for all users, for all related matters to Marine fleetmanagement software (training, rectification of input and output, etc.);
- Ensure maintenance of equipment complies with legal requirements and safety standards issued by IMO, flag states, classification agencies or other relevant bodies;
- Measure maintenance performance by using Key Performance Indicators: analyse data as steering tool for continuous improvement;
- Provide monthly PMS overview to HOD’s (KPI’s);
- Define critical equipment and strategic spares for company vessels;
- Support the Technical Superintendent in the monitoring and control of the execution of maintenance;
- Identify new maintenance concepts and investigate their potential use;
- Set-up and maintain support for IT services onboard and within the office.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Technical degree, Bachelor or Master;
- 5 years, relevant technical maintenance experience in vessel management;
- Working experience at a shipping / dredging / offshore installation company;
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Technical knowledge regarding vessels and equipment;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with PMS and Asset Management software;
- Strong affinity and working experience with data storage, data analytics and data presentation;
- Good planning skills, with the ability to define and priorities on the work activities;
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification societies, flag states and industry standards;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment;
- Good knowledge of English language, both written and verbal.
- Visible management commitment to HSE and stimulate a high level of HSE awareness in the Office, on board and on project sites.
IT / COMPETENCIES:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Strong understanding of ship management software systems, preferable operating knowledge of DNV ShipManager;
- Good understanding of IT systems.