For one of our offshore projects, we are looking for RDS specialists to join our team.
Position: Lay Technician Mechanical
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinates planned maintenance activities with the Chief Engineer
- Ensures that spares stock levels are maintained for the part of the vessel equipment under his/her control
- Ensures that the documentation for the equipment under his/her control is up-to-date
- Produces status reports on the lay system equipment and maintenance schedules
- Ensures Junior Mechanical Technicians are working correctly and assists them with troubleshooting of the equipment on board
- Ensures that the permit to work system is adhered to
- Ensures that all work is carried out safely and in accordance with Company and statutory regulations
- Schedules the on board electrical activities and helps, assigns personnel with the proper level of skills to the tasks/jobs to be carried out
- Ensures that the workforce is briefed on safety considerations throughout the execution of the work
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of deck machinery including lay-systems for HV Cables, flexibles and umbilical, during his/her duty shift
- Provides Toolbox Talks and monitors shift handovers by delegation of Chief Engineer
- Implements and follows the Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
- Surveys, test and maintains ship’s machinery, equipment and lay-systems
- Provides training to the construction crew equipment operators
- Performs duties as required within the vessel’s emergency team
- Any additional duties within his/her experience and capabilities
- Relevant experience in maintenance of lay equipment and systems.
- A working knowledge of hydraulics is mandatory
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems is a plus.
- Proficient in English, with good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Are you an experienced Lay Technician Mechanical and interested ? Please send your application via below apply button.