Maritime Construction Services B.V. (MCS) is currently looking for a proactive Crewing Manager to strengthen our Crewing Department.
As an employee of MCS BV, you will be part of an emerging, independent offshore contracting
and vessel management company, that provides high-quality project management and
engineering services to the oil & gas majors and contractors worldwide.
Our company culture is characterized as both informal and result oriented. As a team we strive
A successful candidate will have experience in a similar position and understands the set
requirements and expectations, additionally, having experience with crewing offshore vessels
in the O&G market will set your candidacy above the rest.
- Manage the Crewing department, Crewing Officer(s) and or other assigned persons;
- Responsible for all Crew (directly or indirectly managed by MCS) and related Crew
Management and Crew HR tasks;
- During Projects and/or upcoming projects liaise and if required supervise project
related Crewing matters with (Snr) Project Manager and/or Commercial Manager;
- Supervision of “Recruitment and Selection” of all seafarers, directly or through
- Together with and/or in absence of any crewing departmental staff, monitors
available crew and schedule deployment, anticipating future Company’s needs for
recruitment and informing the Director, Vessel Manager on manpower planning;
- Manage and optimize all crew related /operational administration and departmental
related budgets, compliance and procedures;
- Together with and/or in absence of, departmental staff, ensure all vessels are manned
with qualified, experiences and medically fit seafarers in line with MCS’ Integrated
Management System and supervises the application of the STCW convention
- Responsible for Catering crew and catering matters on board vessels if required.
A successful profile consists of:
- Bachelor education level combined with a minimum of 10 years crewing experience
together with at least 5 years of crew management experience;
- Excellent (team)management and interpersonal skillset;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing;
- A real team-player with a confident, pro-active and goal-oriented mindset;
- Strong financial and stakeholder management skillset;
- Residing in or near Amsterdam (NL) and willing to travel to our office as and when
What we offer:
- A great place to work;
- Exciting projects all over the globe;
- A great team that strives for excellence;
- “Above market level” salary package which will reflect your experience and qualifications;
- 25 holidays each year;
- Travel allowance;
- Subscription to one of the best Gyms in Amsterdam.
To apply or request more information directly, please send an email together with your CV to: [email protected]
Please note: Selection process is ongoing, and a reference check and assessment can be part
of the selection procedure.