For our upcoming project which starts in January 2020, we are looking for an experienced Cost Estimator (Civil/Port Construction) .
We are working on an exciting project for the construction of a port in the far North, and therefore we are looking for enthusiastic and smart people to form part of this team. For the coming half a year the work will consist mainly of thinking of smart and innovative ways in which we can execute the project. This period is followed by the project preparation phase and finally the actual execution of the project. The project is characterized by extremes, not only in terms of weather conditions but also in sheer size. We are looking for persons that can think of creative and innovative solutions. Important is that we are working on a basis of trust and above all, that we are having fun at what we do.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Initiation, preparation, execution, and completion of assigned projects
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, objectives and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Developing and implementing project plans and monitoring progress in respect of time, costs and quality of work performed;
- Controlling and optimizing the allocation of human and physical resources in respect of engineering, supervision, QAQC and procurement activities
- Maintaining and fostering relationships within the company, project team, client project/organization and subcontractors.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to company management and clients as required.
- Identification potential safety, cost time, quality, procurement or HR issues and taking appropriate action in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management are implemented and maintained
- Development of project teams and individuals competence, providing direction and support to project team members
- Process owner of the HSE Plan
- Preparation and presentation of reports defining project progress, identified/potential problems and possible solutions to mitigate issues
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Stakeholder management
Competencies and Skills Required
- Strong management and engineering skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, interpersonal relationships and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate skillfully and win concessions without damaging relationships in challenging situations.
- Proven ability to stay calm in stressful situations and to cope effectively with conflicting deadlines/demands.
- Proven ability and willingness to meet agreed on deadlines.
- Proven planning skills, with the ability to systematically breakdown and prioritize complex work activities.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse cultural environment
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Relevant engineering degree
- 15 years+ relevant technical, commercial and leadership experience, preferably gained in port construction.