MCS BV is looking for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to deliver an s-lay pipelay project. The project is EU based and involves shallow water pipelay and an Above water Tie in. The successful candidate will join a growing multinational team and contribute to the continued growth of MCS.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Project Manager is the assistant of the Project Manager and acts as Project Manager in his/her absence. In general, Assistant Project Managers manages (part of) the supporting internal disciplines and subcontractors and he/she will be primarily focused on interface, budget and schedule issues;
- To co-ordinate the internal disciplines to which he/she is assigned in such a way that they meet project requirements;
- To act as a source of expertise for all construction activities;
- Monitor internal disciplines and control subcontractors so that project objectives are met;
- Ensure compliance with the MRTS Engineering Corporate Management System, particularly Management Procedures;
- Continuity between different project phases and functional hand over;
- Ensure provision of customer service;
- Support continual improvement activities within the Project Management Department;
- Prevention of occurrence of nonconformities relating to the product, process and Corporate Management System;
- Take responsibility for management of own competence, in co-operation with MRTS Engineering and enhance;
- Acts on behalf of the Project Manager in his/her absence;
- Co-ordinate the internal disciplines.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Good communicator, stress resistant, accurate, service minded, result orientated, solid knowledge of English language;
- Preferred training in HSE Management, Project Management, Negotiating, Contract Management.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- BSc or MSc Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent plus additional relevant technical and managerial training;
- 5 to 10 years, in the oil and gas industry;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field for marine construction activities;
- Microsoft Office package.